Get an overview of this hotelLandmark 1 block from Penn Quarter, Verizon Center
Penn Quarter palace
This National Historic Landmark hotel, within 1 block of the Verizon Center and Penn Quarter, is across the street from the National Portrait Gallery and the Spy Museum and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Poste Moderne fare
Hotel Monaco Washington DC occupies the richly restored Post Office Building, completed in 1842; the former mail-sorting room is now home to the Poste Moderne Brasserie, serving modern American cuisine. The brasserie will be closed until Fall 2016 for renovation.
Newly Renovated in Spring 2016
A bust of Thomas Jefferson watches over spacious and boldly accented guestrooms at Hotel Monaco Washington DC. Rooms have 19-foot ceilings, CD players, cordless phones, and designer bath products. A hosted evening wine hour takes place in the lobby for all guests to enjoy. Guestroom renovations were completed in spring of 2016.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC700 F St Nw Washington DC 20004
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
- Dining venue
The Hotel Monaco is located in Washington, DC's Penn Quarter, across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. A transformed federal building, the hotel is a playful mix of neoclassical architecture and whimsical decor with bold orange accents and modern art pieces throughout its public spaces.
Some machines in the 24-hour fitness center include LCD TVs with earphones. A business center with both Macs and PCs is open 24 hours a day (surcharge). Overnight shoeshines are complimentary, as are morning newspapers. The property is smoke-free.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 183
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fireplace in lobby
- Meeting rooms 4
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Video-game console
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Poste Moderne Brasserie is closed for renovation until Fall 2016. Room service will be available throughout the summer. Grab and Go breakfast (surcharge) will be available daily from 7:00am offering yogurt, parfaits, muffins, croissants, oatmeal, and breakfast sandwiches. Speakeasy Bar will be open 6:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Saturday offering beer, wine and well drinks for a surcharge.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour on-site fitness center has treadmills with LCD TVs and earphones, cardio equipment, and free weights.
A four-story YMCA with a swimming pool is two blocks from the hotel. The Hotel Monaco is four blocks from the National Mall, with its open space to jog or walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near Hotel Monaco Washington DC - a Kimpton Hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Pets stay free
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Pets allowed (no fees)
Group bookings of 10 or more rooms cannot be accommodated via this website.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Hotel Monaco
- Monaco Hotel
- Monaco Washington DC
- Monaco Washington DC Hotel
- Washington DC Hotel Monaco
- Washington DC Monaco Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.