Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Washington, DC hotel near White House
Popular property highlights
This 15-story hotel is adjacent to the National Theater, 2 blocks from the White House, 4 blocks from the National Mall, 1 mile from the Capitol, and 2 miles from Georgetown.
24-hour fitness facilities
Guests at J.W. Marriott Washington DC can exercise in the 24-hour fitness facilities, and relax in the sauna.
Guestrooms at J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue feature Revive signature bedding with down comforters and 300-thread-count cotton linens and offer high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
JW Marriott Washington DC
Next to the National Theater, the recently renovated J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue, is 2 blocks from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall. The hotel offers 29 meeting rooms, including a 13,680-square-foot ballroom. Wireless Internet access is available in the 2-story lobby and adjacent restaurants. Guests can also use a business center with high-speed Internet access.
The 24-hour fitness facilities includes a sauna. Dining and drink options include an American restaurant, an international lounge, and a Starbucks.
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 29
- Year Built 1984
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 29
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 37,000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 777
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 15
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Cable TV service
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
1331 - Open for lunch and dinner, this lounge offers tapas and other international dishes in a room with dark grey banquettes, recessed lighting, and nine televisions. Guests can plug laptops into tableside jacks for high-speed Internet access.
Avenue Grill - The split-level restaurant serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers an outdoor terrace overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue. A bar area with a fireplace is located on the upper level.
Nearby Things to Do
J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue's 24-hour fitness facilities include five treadmills, four stationary bikes, three stair machines, several weight machines, and free weights.
A mile south of the hotel, Washington, DC's National Mall has a tree-lined walking and running path. Two miles away, the 18-hole golf course at Hains Point is perched on the banks of the Potomac River.
There's a two-tier driving range and a miniature golf course.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 - 68.44 per night (in/out privileges)
- JW Marriott Hotel Washington DC
- JW Marriott Washington DC
- JW Washington DC
- JW Washington DC Marriott
- Marriott JW Washington DC
- Marriott Washington DC
- Washington DC JW Marriott
- Washington DC Marriott
- Jw Marriott Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Stay For Breakfast
Stay in selected rooms and receive daily breakfast for two adults and children under 13 (extra-person charges apply for additional adults and include breakfast).
This promotion is valid for on-site breakfast from the hot buffet, full menu, or room service. Guests must book the “Stay for Breakfast” room type. Promotion may not be available on all days. Not combinable with other promotions.
Get an extra 10% off or more!
See if this hotel is eligible for member pricing
You agree to receive deals and offers from Expedia, and may unsubscribe at any time.
Already a member? Sign in
Need Help Booking?
Speak live with an Expedia Travel Expert