A hot property - boiling hot, phew!!
A very nice old building in a super location just behind the bandstand. This could/would be a superb hotel if the faults were rectified. Many of the staff were indifferent to the guests; other than doing the bare minimum they would scarcely acknowledge your existence. This was particularly true of the reception staff who were almost pointless, or maybe they were just the ones under most pressure. The manager was ok, tried his best, and the breakfast staff were good. We stayed for five days and some of the things that caused a problem or needed addressing are:
1. Bathroom flooded due to rain getting in, roof/wall leaked, had to change rooms.
2. Rooms were constantly at about 35 degrees c or more, had to keep windows open and fans on, no air conditioning, just to stay in the room for any time. Needless to say this made sleeping difficult.
3. Room keys stopped working several times.
4. Wi-Fi stopped working.
5. There was a power cut - probably not the hotels fault - but no backup.
6. Lift only worked intermittently.
7. This hotel is really more like 2 stars than 4 and way too expensive.
8. Need to cheer the staff up or get more of them or something.
So mostly we stayed out of the room whenever possible.