Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling now comes with a few more challenges. Make a note of these worthwhile tips before boarding your plane to Ukraine:
- Investigate if any travel restrictions apply to your destination and origin before locking in a flight. Also check if there are any requirements you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- When you go through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be required to lower it briefly for ID purposes. Travelers who refuse to wear a mask may be fined and denied entry.
- To avoid cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the scanner yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your boarding pass directly to a TSA agent.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on luggage. It must not be larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll need to take it out of your bag for X-ray scanning.
- To minimize handling during the screening process, place items such as your belt, phone and wallet into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- If you’re taking food through the security checkpoint, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to touch your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.