With new restrictions and safety precautions to follow, travel looks a lot different today. These are some handy things to know before you head off to Maldives:
- Research if any travel restrictions apply to your origin and destination before booking your flight. Also check if there are any special conditions you’ll have to follow on arrival, such as health testing.
- Keep your face mask on even during airport screening. A TSA officer will require you to temporarily lower your mask for identification purposes.
- To reduce the potential of cross-contamination, place your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA employee.
- One liquid hand sanitizer container is now permitted in your carry-on baggage. It must be no larger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag at the X-ray machine for screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pocket, like your wallet and phone, and put them in your carry-on rather than the bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- Transport all food items in a clear plastic bag and also put them in a screening bin. Keeping food separate from your carry-on means it’s less likely a TSA officer will need to open your bag for inspection.