Search Hostels in Canberra from CA $82
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Canberra
Other property types in Canberra
Reviewed on Oct. 21, 2020
Crowne Plaza Canberra
Reviewed on Jul. 22, 2020
Reviewed on Sep. 24, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for low-cost places to stay in Canberra, a hostel could be a great choice. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dorm-style accommodations all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Canberra for a good value, so you can save more for exploring. You can check out the museums and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
Hostels in Canberra
Ready to book a hostel? These top picks get the highest reviews from our travelers and could be a good place to start:
Canberra City YHA - Hostel - Located within a 10-minute walk of Canberra Centre and National Convention Centre. Guests can enjoy an indoor pool, a bar, and a sauna. Rooms come with desks.
Dickson Central - Hostel - You can take advantage of free breakfast and free WiFi, as well as tour/ticket assistance. Rooms come with showers.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Canberra?
The weather can be a big factor when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 82° F and nighttime temperatures average 49° F
- April-June: 70° F is the daytime average and 34° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 63° F and nighttime averages are around 34° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 79° F during the day and 42° F at night
- Average rainfall is 22.80 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Canberra?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- National Museum of Australia
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
- Australian War Memorial
- Lake Burley Griffin
- City Hill
- Glebe Park
- National Gallery of Australia
- Canberra Theatre Centre
- Canberra Museum and Gallery
Overall, Canberra is known for its:
How to Get to Canberra and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the closest airport in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center. When you're out and about, you might want to make use of public transit. Train stations including Kingston Canberra Station and Queanbeyan Railway Station make it easy to explore more of the surrounding area.