Overview of Leonardo Hotel Budapest
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
You can change or cancel this stay if plans change. Because flexibility matters.
About this area
Located in Budapest's Ferencvaros neighbourhood, Leonardo Hotel Budapest is in the city centre and near a metro station. Hungarian State Opera House and Hungarian National Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's notable landmarks include Gellert Thermal Baths and Swimming Pool and St. Stephen's Basilica. Budapest Castle Hill Funicular and Aquaworld Budapest are also worth visiting.
- Hungarian National Museum - 19 min walk
- Great Market Hall - 19 min walk
- Elisabeth Bridge - 8 min drive
- Vaci Street - 8 min drive
- Gellert Thermal Baths and Swimming Pool - 9 min drive
- Corvin-negyed Station - 8 min walk
- Budapest Boraros Square Station - 11 min walk
- Budapest (BUD-Ferenc Liszt Intl.) - 23 min drive
- Where to eat
- Hummus Bar and Bistro – Restaurant with a bar offering Middle Eastern cuisine. Serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Courtyard Restaurant – Restaurant offering international cuisine. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
About this property
Leonardo Hotel Budapest
Food and drink
Renovations and closures
- Parking area
- No pets or service animals allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 12 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 3.39 per cent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: HUF 3000 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: HUF 5100 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service
- Disliked: Amenities
This is a clean, dated property that serves a purpose as nothing more than a very average 3-star hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are tiny and whilst clean, are dated with marks on walls, chips off tiles and shower tray and a shower with a will of its own that wouldn’t stay pointed in the direction required due to worn fittings. The room is so small that the only way to fit a double bed in is to put it under the small high-level window. The swivel TV is on the desk, thus reducing working space and the chair at the desk is very low, making any attempt to work difficult. The room was too hot and I wasn't able to work out how to reduce it (even in November). There are tea and coffee-making facilities in the room, but I did not use them, Facilities in the hotel are extremely limited with a single bar that serves a hamburger and is a hummus specialty bar. I did not see anyone in there. There are a number of restaurants around and I used Mezcal and Mandarin up the street (20€ and 10€ for a reasonable meal respectively). Breakfast is acceptable, but nothing special with limited hot food and the other usual minimal offerings to be expected at breakfast. I would stay there again for convenience, price, and cleanliness, but with an appreciation of what to expect.