Aptos Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Santa Cruz area, you can select from 27 low-priced motels among more than 273 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy all that Aptos has to offer. Top sights include Monterey Bay and Rio Del Mar Beach.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was coined in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
Rio Sands Hotel
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Monterey Bay and Rio Del Mar Beach.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Monterey - Marina
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- Central Aptos is 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Beach Street Inn and Suites
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, free WiFi, and coffee shop.
- Located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the heart of Aptos
Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
- Central Aptos is 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Ocean Pacific Lodge
- 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the heart of Aptos
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Aptos
Visitors to Aptos speak highly of the beaches and restaurants. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly, walkable area while you're sightseeing.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Monterey Bay
- Rio Del Mar Beach
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park
- Seacliff State Beach
- New Brighton State Beach
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park
- Roaring Camp Railroads
- Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
Aptos is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Aptos
Determine the optimal time to visit Aptos by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and October, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 66° F and nighttime temperatures average 39° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 44° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 51° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 73° F during the day and 39° F at night
- Average rainfall is 23.03 inches in a year
How to Get to Aptos and Around the Area
|Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal) ||Airport ||7.2 mi (11.6 km) |
|San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview) ||Airport ||23.1 mi (37.1 km) |
|San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.) ||Airport ||25.2 mi (40.5 km) |