Get an overview of this hotelGrand historic hotel reigning over downtown Bethlehem
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia+ members get double value for their points when booking any +VIP Access hotel.See details
A historic downtown
This 1922 hotel is now a National Historic Trust property in the middle of a historic shopping district and next door to the Moravian Museum celebrating the region's first European settlers.
Restored in classic 1920s fashion, Hotel Bethlehem, A Historic Hotel of America has a richly appointed lobby graced with a series of floor-to-ceiling Palladian windows overlooking the historic city streets. Two restaurants are on site.
Old style, new frills
Decorated in colonial-period style yet decidedly up-to-date in function, guestrooms at Hotel Bethlehem offer views of city hills and streets, as well as amenities such as complimentary Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Bethlehem, A Historic Hotel of America
A grand old hotel in a historic shopping district in one of America's early settled towns, Hotel Bethlehem evokes a dignified sense of history, without stinting on the modern-day amenities. The hotel is next door to Moravian Museum of Bethlehem and two miles from Burnside Plantation and the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem. The Allentown/Lehigh Valley airport is six miles away.
A row of Palladian windows stretch from floor-to-ceiling in the lobby, providing views of the colorful city streets. A fitness center offers cardio and weight training gear, and a 24-hour business center and meeting and banquet rooms take care of business needs. Onsite dry cleaning and laundry service are available. The Tap Room offers three meals daily, and its mahogany bar and live jazz evoke a 1920s atmosphere. Breakfast is available daily in the dining room 6-10:30 AM for a surcharge.
Wireless Internet access in the lobby, restaurants, and meeting rooms is complimentary. A complimentary roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle to areas within 5 miles are available at scheduled times. Limited self parking is available onsite for a surcharge. Complimentary parking is also available nearby.
Hotel Bethlehem is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Free airport transportation
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Free area shuttle
- Concierge services
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 9
- Total number of rooms - 128
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free parking nearby
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 1301
- Conference space size (feet) - 14000
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free casino shuttle
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1922
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Free parking nearby
- Air conditioning
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Free bottled water
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Turndown service
- Room service
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
1741 on the Terrace - With views of historic Bethlehem, this fine-dining restaurant offers fresh local ingredients and an extensive wine selection.
The Tap Room - Lobby location. Casual dining with a view of Main Street. Live jazz every Thursday night. Friday Happy Hour. Three meals daily plus a kid's menu. Full menu plus light fare. Specializes in unusual Martinis. Extensive wine list.
Room service is offered 24 hours.
Live jazz every Thursday night in the Tap Room.
Nearby Things to Do
Hotel Bethlehem has a small fitness facility on site, and offers discounted access to a more fully-equipped health club and spa, The Gym at American Hairlines, two blocks away. Both the on-site fitness center and the nearby health club are open from early morning to late evening.
There are several golf courses in the area. The nearest public course is the Monoacacy Course at Bethlehem Golf Course, 2 miles away.
The city of Bethlehem and the surrounding Lehigh Valley region offer a number of seasonal recreational options, listed below.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Kayaking nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75 per stay)
- 1 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 7 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Bethlehem Historic America
- Hotel Bethlehem Historic Hotel America
- Hotel Historic Hotel America
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.