Please enter your travel dates.
- One King Bed
City Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
- One King Bed
Standard Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
- One King Bed
Opulent historic hotel in bustling downtown Austin
Built in 1886 by a Texas cattle baron, this richly appointed hotel is in downtown's 6th Street Entertainment District, six blocks from the convention center and a half-mile from the State Capitol.
The acclaimed Driskill Grill serves New American cuisine, while the Texas-themed bar features a fireplace and live piano music. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the ornate lobby.
Guestrooms feature modern custom furnishings, luxury bedding, unique artwork, cable televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, ceiling fans, European bath amenities, and fully stocked minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This Austin hotel adjoins the 6th Street Entertainment District and is two blocks from the Warehouse District, famed for its restaurants and live-music scene. The Driskill is a member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America.
The hotel's mezzanine level has an impressive marble floor and a wraparound balcony overlooking bustling 6th and Brazos streets. Room service and concierge service are available around the clock. The 24-hour business center includes computers with complimentary high-speed Internet access. The property is smoke-free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 189
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1886
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Event catering
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Translation services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Driskill Grill - Renowned restaurant serving New American cuisine. Seafood, steak, poultry, and vegetarian items, as well as prix fixe and tasting menus. Menu may include Macadamia Encrusted Ahi, Sautéed Wild Salmon, Flame-Grilled Filet Mignon. Award-winning wine list. Dinner only, Tuesday through Saturday.
1886 Café & Bakery - Lobby-level café and bakery with viewing window and mahogany bar. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night desserts, beer, wine, cocktails. Sunday brunch menu until mid-afternoon. Open daily early morning to late evening.
Driskill Bar - Texas-themed lounge with stuffed longhorn head over the fireplace, cowhide couches, faux-snakeskin wallpaper. Live piano music Monday–Saturday, early evening to late evening. Signature drinks, Texas beers, extensive wine list, casual menu of appetizers and light entrees.
The 24-hour health club, located on the mezzanine level, has a fitness area overlooking the street. In addition to five weight machines, guests can work out on elliptical trainers, treadmills, stationary bikes, and stair steppers. Facilities include a stretching room and men's and women's locker rooms with steam rooms. Cold water and chilled face cloths are provided. Massage treatments are available by appointment (surcharge).
Town Lake, five blocks from the hotel, offers a 10-mile hiking and biking path along the Colorado River. Seasonal recreation includes canoeing, kayaking, and paddleboating. Golf courses are within 10 miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 15 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 30.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Please note: All rate plans are nonrefundable on the following travel dates: June 5-9, 2014; October 16-18, 2014; November 6-8, 2014; November 26-28, 2014; and December 31, 2014.