San Antonio & Austin
Staying close to the gorgeous San Antonio Riverwalk means you’ll have access to plenty of local, walkable restaurants and activities. Evenings on the waterfront offer everything from outdoor shows to small Rio San Antonio cruises. It’s also a cool place when the weather is warmer up above.
Our hotel: Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk Austin
Austin, the state capitol, is known for its music and BBQ. Come in the evening for the best chance at tunes. Come early in the day for your best shot at BBQ – many of the best food trucks are sold out by noon.
Heather’s Tips on Planning the Ultimate Family Road Trip
Use tools that can help save time and money – like Expedia+ Rewards. With so many rewards programs available to travellers, here are five key tips for maximizing those opportunities:
1. Is the program free to join? That’s a great first step on your road to your next vacation.
2. Maximize your earning. Make sure you’re rewarded for as many types of bookings as possible – flights, hotels, vacation packages, car rentals and activities.
3. Look for programs with no blackouts so you can use rewards anytime you want to.
4. Can you double-dip and earn airline or other partner points in addition to your travel rewards program points?
5. Book more, earn more. It’s great to earn points when booking for yourself, but does your program allow you to earn when you also book for family and friends?