With a bevy of hotel, package, and activity options, Expedia.ca offers more than just a room when booking
Our national holiday, Canada Day, is right around the corner and this year the celebration is going to be huge! To help with your travel planning, we’ve compiled an array of info for you while considering how to celebrate our country’s 150th anniversary not only for Canada Day, but throughout the entire year.
We know travellers are sometimes looking for more than a standard hotel accommodation when booking travel, so we pulled together a bunch of properties to help you explore the extraordinary on our “More than just a room” info-page. Below is a glimpse of these and some of the great activities to make your Canada Day the best yet.
- Edgewater Hotel: Located across the street from the Yukon River in the heart of Whitehorse! The property opened during the Great Klondike Gold Rush in the 1890’s and over the years has welcomed dignitaries, gold seekers, train passengers and river boat captains. There is lots of history to be found here.
- Nita Lake Lodge: Nestled on the shores of a stunning glacier-fed lake in Whistler and only 500 meters from the base of Whistler Mountain and the Creekside gondola. Luxury suites offer double soaker tubs, glass-enclosed rain showers and basalt gas fireplaces.
- The Francis: Your stay in Ucluelet will be delivered with casual elegance and beauty. The Francis is just a short drive away from Tofino, surrounded by Canada’s treasured Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.And if you’re up for storm watching this is the place to see it all happen!
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows:Located 1 km from the shores of world-famous Lake Louise in the Canadian Rocky Mountains of Banff National Park, Paradise Lodge & Bungalows is a family run hotel business steeped in mountain history. Offering authentic cabins and suites, it has been owned and operated by the Pedersen family for more than 50 years.
- Making Waves Boatel: Stay on a boat! This floating Toronto accommodation will rock you to sleep!
- Gladstone Hotel: Set in a Victorian designed Toronto building, the Gladstone Hotel sits in the neighbourhood of Queen West. Each room is different and uniquely designed. A great place to stay for those art lovers!
- Hotel de Glace: The only ice hotel in North America, this unique Quebec City property has dazzling décor that impresses its visitors with its huge snow vaults and crystalline ice sculptures.
- Canopee Lit: You’ll be telling tall tales from this tree house in the forest of Saguenay.
- Glenora Inn & Distillery: The Inn is onsite of North America’s first single malt whisky distillery and amongst breathtaking views of Cape Breton Island.
- Monastery Spa & Suites by Leaside Group: Stay in a renovated monastery-turned-hotel and spa in beautiful St. John’s.
- Join the fun at the biggest Canada Day party ever in the capital from June 30-July 2.
- Toronto Waterfront Festival will host the Royal Canadian Navy and the World’s Largest Rubber Duck, among other entertainment to #CanuckItUp from July 1-3.
- Rendez-vous 2017 will be dropping anchor in Quebec City and Levis from July 18-23 with a fleet of over 40 tall ships and a boatload of free activities for families and visitors to explore the renowned “cathedrals of the seas.”
- La Machine, an impressive theatrical event where huge machines cruise the streets, will impress audiences of all ages in Ottawa from July 27-30.
- Parks Canada is offering free admission to over 200 national parks, historic sites and marine conservation areas across the country.
- Canada on Screen – Toronto International Film Festival will be screening Canadian works in theatres (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver) and online throughout 2017.
- Want to get moving? Join the fun of ParticipACTION by tracking all the Canadian-esque activities (hockey, white water rafting, curling and more!) you complete throughout the year.
Whether you’re staying local or visiting another Canadian city, there are still deals to be had. And here at Expedia.ca, we know that about 25% of travelers heading to Toronto or Vancouver make their booking 0-13 days before they depart, so you won’t be alone in making a last-minute reservation! Book your stay now and make Canada’s 150th year one you’ll always remember.