Venice in 1 Day from Rome with Skip-the-Line to St. Mark's Basilica
Cleaning and safety practices
- Full day to while away at your leisure in romantic Venice
- Quick & comfortable ride on a modern, high-speed train
- Public transport pass to zip around Venice like a local
- Chance to bypass the lines at beautiful St. Mark's Basilica
- Free time to stroll, dine & shop amongst Venice's canals
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- This activity is not guided; however, there will be a tour assistant available during the whole day in Venice.
- This tour ends at Rome's Termini station; transport back to your hotel or to the initial meeting point is not included.
- The train departs from Rome's Termini station at 07:35 AM, and departs Venice's Santa Lucia station at approximately 6:25 PM, arriving back in Rome at 10:10 PM. Exact train schedules may vary slightly; you will receive confirmation of your exact train sch
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- From 6 August 2021, it will be possible to enjoy this tour only if you are in possession of: - COVID-19 green certification
- You need to be vaccinated or recovered from Covid (last 6 months) or have a negative rapid molecular or antigenic test with a (48 hours validity)
What you can expect
Be whisked away from Rome for a day spent boating down canals, wandering past elegant waterfront palazzos, and absorbing the gilded splendour of St. Mark's Basilica. Travel to Venice—the Queen of the Adriatic—to experience the magic of Italy's famous floating city.
Meet in Rome to get your train tickets and get shuttled to Termini, where you board a comfortable and modern high-speed train for the ride north to Venice. When you arrive, the day is yours to spend as you see fit, zipping around like a local on vaporettos and water taxis with your transport pass or getting pleasantly lost in the city's labyrinth of bridges, alleys, and waterside walkways.
Cross the pigeon-filled plaza of St. Mark's Square and save time by skipping the lines to head inside St. Mark's Basilica, Venice's dazzling, golden-domed centrepiece. Admire the opulent interiors, shimmering mosaics, and ornate decorations that adorn every surface inside this spectacular 11th-century Italo-Byzantine masterpiece. Afterwards, while away your final hours people-watching, shopping for delicate Murano glass baubles, or sipping Italian wine and people-watching before catching your evening train back to Rome.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided