Evening Riverboat Jazz Cruise
Cleaning and safety practices
- River cruise on an old-fashioned steamboat paddle wheeler
- Chance to view historic site of the Battle of New Orleans
- Music by Grammy-nominated jazz band Dukes of Dixieland
- Breezy open-air decks, cosy interior seats & onboard bar
- Option to add on a buffet-style dinner with classic dishes
Live Commentary in English. Select this option for the jazz cruise only.
Live Commentary in English. Select this option for the jazz cruise and a buffet-style dinner featuring Southern cuisine.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children under 5 and younger are complimentary for the cruise only. Children 1 and younger are complimentary for the cruise and dining option.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible only to the main deck, where food, bar service, and bathrooms are located.
- Boarding starts at 6 PM. Cruise departs the dock at 7 PM.
- Please Note: Should the Steamboat NATCHEZ become unavailable for her yearly Coast Guard inspections and/or general maintenance, all cruises during this time will take place on her sister vessel - the newly renovated Riverboat CITY of NEW ORLEANS.
What you can expect
Welcome aboard the newest vessel to the French Quarter riverfront, the Riverboat CITY of NEW ORLEANS!
The Steamboat NATCHEZ is taking some time off, but her sister vessel will be taking her place. You’ll get the same authentic riverboat experience of a leisurely, two-hour cruise on the mighty Mississippi, enjoying traditional live jazz and all the beautiful New Orleans sites, while also exploring the newly renovated riverboat addition to our family. Make sure you check out all four decks. The top deck view is a site to see!
The Riverboat “CITY of NEW ORLEANS,” uniquely New Orleans - welcome aboard!
Step aboard one of last authentic steam-powered steamboats for a memorable cruise around New Orleans on the Mississippi River. Hear stories of the Big Easy's rich history as you tap your feet to acclaimed live jazz music from the Dukes of Dixieland.
You board the Natchez near the illustrious French Quarter, and then watch as the crew throws off the mooring lines and listen to the puff of steam engines as the massive paddle wheel pushes you off along the Mississippi's winding banks. As you cruise, listen for the catchy jazz riffs of the Dukes of Dixieland as you relax in the comfortable interior by the bar or out on the open-air deck.
Along the ride, overhead commentary retells the details of the Battle of New Orleans, and you can imagine how Mark Twain got his inspiration for his hijinks-filled stories of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. For the full experience, you can also opt to enjoy dinner onboard, with a buffet-style meal of Cajun favourites and New Orleans classics that's sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Please Note: Should the Steamboat NATCHEZ become unavailable for her yearly Coast Guard inspections and/or general maintenance, all cruises during this time will take place on her sister vessel - the newly renovated Riverboat CITY of NEW ORLEANS.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available