1. Price Guarantee. Expedia.ca’s Price Guarantee applies to flight, hotel, vacation package, and car rental bookings made with Expedia.ca either via the Expedia.ca website (including via a mobile device) or by telephone via Expedia.ca’s call centre. In the unlikely event that you find a lower price (including all applicable taxes and fees) for the same booking on Expedia.ca or on another Canadian-based website within 24 hours of booking with Expedia.ca, we will credit or refund to you the difference. In addition, we will give you a fifty dollar (CAD $50.00) coupon good on a future booking of an Expedia Special Rate hotel or air plus hotel package on Expedia.ca. Subject as hereinafter provided, in the case of vacation packages, the Price Guarantee applies even if you find, on one or more Canadian-based websites, separate prices for the same hotel and airfare components of the vacation package the total cost of which components (including all applicable taxes and fees), if booked together, would be lower than the total cost of your Expedia.ca vacation package booking. This Price Guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below.
2. Travel must be completed in accordance with the booked itinerary to be eligible to receive the coupon, refund or credit.
3. Notifying Expedia of a Claim. You must submit a claim online at Expedia.ca by completing the online submission form in full following all online instructions and prompts (including without limitation providing any required screen captures of the submitted lower rate offer) within twenty-four (24) hours of your Expedia.ca booking to make a claim under the Price Guarantee. The submitted lower rate will be validated by our customer service representatives. The lower rate must be available for booking at the time you contact us, as determined by our customer service representatives.
4. Must be "Apples to Apples" Comparison. The Price Guarantee is available only for exact itinerary matches, for example, specific carrier or provider, hotel (including room type), cabin category, rental car company and vehicle class, applicable refund policy, and the exact same dates and times of travel or service as booked through Expedia.ca. Travel must be completed in accordance with the booked itinerary to be eligible to receive the coupon, refund or credit. Changed or cancelled bookings are not eligible to receive the coupon. For any stand-alone product booking (for example, an airline ticket or a hotel room), the comparison must be to the same product purchased stand-alone through another website (i.e., not part of a hotel + air travel package). Except as noted below, the Price Guarantee applies only to the cost of booked travel, as presented in the Expedia.ca search results, including any taxes and fees. You must meet all requirements imposed on the lower price (if any), including, without limitation, residency, regional and age-related requirements.
5. Comparison Rates Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a Canadian-based English or French-language website. For example, this does not include promotional codes or vouchers, rates offered on membership program websites, corporate discounts or rates; group, charter, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The lower price may not come from a website where you call to get the rate, or from an e-mail that you received. The price must be quoted, booked, and paid for in Canadian dollars.
6. Important Note Regarding Travel Packages. When you book a travel package (i.e., air + hotel, air + hotel + car, air + car, or hotel + car booked together as a package on the same itinerary) with Expedia.ca, the Price Guarantee applies to the cost of the travel package, respectively, including all taxes and fees.
7. Verification of Claims. All requests, including receipts, are subject to verification by Expedia.ca. Expedia.ca will not accept screenshots or other purported evidence of a lower price that cannot be independently confirmed by Expedia personnel. Nor will Expedia verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith. Only one claim will be permitted per Expedia.ca itinerary. Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of customer's trip completion with the exception of refunds on pre-packaged vacation bookings. In these cases, a cheque for the refunded amount will be mailed to claimant within two weeks of trip completion. For “Pay Later” hotel bookings, in addition to submitting your claim online within twenty-four (24) hours of your Expedia.ca booking, as required by these terms and conditions, you must also provide via email sent to Pricematch@service.expedia.ca, a legible copy of your hotel receipt, confirming the price of, and payment for, your stay. Such e-mail and receipt must be sent (and received by Expedia.ca) by no later than 10 business days following completion of the hotel stay which is the subject of your Price Guarantee refund claim. Upon receipt of such e-mail and receipt, Expedia.ca will call you (using the phone number associated with the original hotel booking) to get the correct credit card information for purposes of applying the price difference refund as a credit. After the credit card refund is completed, Expedia.ca will issue the CAD $50 coupon. Limit: one (1) CAD $50 coupon per entire booking, and three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer). Each coupon is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance. Click here for complete coupon terms and conditions. Expedia.ca reserves the right to render any coupon void that Expedia.ca issues in excess of these limits, issues in error, or where the customer is found to be ineligible to receive a coupon or has been deemed by Expedia.ca to be abusing the Expedia.ca Price Guarantee program for personal or financial gain.
8. Changes. Expedia.ca reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Price Guarantee. No change in the Price Guarantee will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Expedia to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.