Search Hostels in Kolkata from CA $21
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Kolkata
Reviewed on May 28, 2019
Other property types in Kolkata
Hyatt Regency Kolkata
Reviewed on Feb. 8, 2020
The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata
Reviewed on Jun. 20, 2020
Hotel Park Victoria
Reviewed on Mar. 16, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find low-cost places to stay in Kolkata, a hostel in town might be a great choice. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodations all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Kolkata for a good value, so you can save more for exploring. If you're interested in cultural experiences, you can check out the monuments while you're here.
Hostels in Kolkata
Ready to book a hostel in town? These top picks have the best reviews from our guests and could be a good place to start:
Offbeat CCU Bunkers - Property features include free Internet, a restaurant, and a bar. You'll find showers, free toiletries, and lockers in all rooms.
The Salvation Army Red Shield Guest House - Located within a 5-minute walk of New Market. Property features include free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Rooms come with showers, free toiletries, and linens.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Kolkata?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically April and May, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 94° F and nighttime temperatures average 55° F
- April-June: 97° F is the daytime average and 72° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 90° F and nighttime averages are around 76° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 89° F during the day and 55° F at night
- Average rainfall is 92.05 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Kolkata?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- New Market
- Eden Gardens
- Victoria Memorial
- Botanical Gardens
- Milennium Park
- Chandpal Ghat
- Indian Museum
- Missionaries of Charity's Mother House
- Asiatic Society
Overall, Kolkata is known for its:
- University life
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Kolkata and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) away from the city center. After you've arrived, you may want to make use of public transit. Nearby metro stations include Central Station, Chandni Chowk Station, and Esplanade Station. To check out more of the surrounding area, catch a train at Kolkata Sealdah Station, Kolkata BBD Bagh Station, or Kolkata Eden Gardens Station.