Hotels in South of Market, San Francisco from CA $85
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
South of Market hotels and places to stay
Reviewed on Apr. 1, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting South of Market in San Francisco
South of Market is a metropolitan neighborhood known for its top museums and major shopping area. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including AT&T Park, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and Westfield San Francisco Centre. When you want to find a place to rest your head, start by booking one of South of Market's 49 hotels and other accommodations.
Staying in San Francisco's South of Market Neighborhood
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighborhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- The St. Regis San Francisco: 5-star hotel with a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool, steps from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: 5-star hotel with a full-service spa, a restaurant, and a health club, 4-minute walk from Westfield San Francisco Centre. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco: 5-star hotel with 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a fitness center, 6-minute walk from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and central location.
South of Market may not have the type of accommodation you're looking for, so consider staying in a nearby San Francisco neighborhood instead. Downtown San Francisco is a neighborhood known for its top museums, popular art scene, and major shopping area. This neighborhood is home to 178 hotels and other accommodations, including these favorites:
- Omni San Francisco Hotel: 4.5-star hotel with a restaurant, a fitness center, and bar, steps from TransAmerica Pyramid. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable beds and helpful staff.
- Inn At Union Square - A Greystone Hotel: 3.5-star hotel with free breakfast, free WiFi, and valet parking, 6-minute walk from Westfield San Francisco Centre. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Sightseeing Around South of Market in San Francisco
Looking for a little shopping break? A shopping trip to Westfield San Francisco Centre, Westfield Metreon, and Ferry Building Marketplace might be just the ticket while you're in South of Market. AT&T Park and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art are a also couple of sights to visit when you're in the neighborhood.
If you want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, consider a visit to the nearby neighborhood of Downtown San Francisco to visit San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Westfield San Francisco Centre, and AT&T Park. Other places worth visiting include Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, TransAmerica Pyramid, and Louise Davies Symphony Hall.
Getting Around South of Market and San Francisco
For a quick way to explore the city, catch a ride on metro transit at Powell St. Station, Montgomery St. Station, or Civic Center Station. To venture out of town, take a train from San Francisco 4th and King Station.