Boulder Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 6 low-cost motels in Boulder among the more than 386 lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Boulder has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Folsom Field, Chautauqua Park, and National Center for Atmospheric Research.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was conceived in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motels usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Boulder motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Longmont/Twin Peaks
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like pillowtop beds.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of University of Colorado-Boulder and Folsom Field.
Foot of the Mountain Motel
- Enjoy access to the library, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of University of Colorado-Boulder and Chautauqua Park.
Boulder University Inn
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of University of Colorado-Boulder and Chautauqua Park.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Super 8 by Wyndham Longmont/Del Camino
- Stay within a 30-minute drive of University of Colorado-Boulder and Coors Field.
- Enjoy access to the computer station, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Boulder
As you're exploring the area, check out the college campus and enjoy the majestic mountain landscape. People who visit Boulder love the entertainment, live music, and restaurants.
Here are some popular places:
- Folsom Field
- Chautauqua Park
- National Center for Atmospheric Research
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Boulder Fish Observatory
- Valmont City Park
- Central Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- North Boulder Park
- Carousel of Happiness
- Gateway Fun Center
Boulder is also popular for its:
- Jogging trails
Best Time to Visit Boulder
Determine the optimal time to visit Boulder by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 60° F and nighttime temperatures average 22° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 42° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 20.67 inches in a year
How to Get to Boulder and Around the Area
|Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan) ||Airport ||10.8 mi (17.4 km) |
|Denver, CO (DEN-Denver Intl.) ||Airport ||33 mi (53.1 km) |
|Denver, CO (APA-Centennial) ||Airport ||37.9 mi (61.1 km) |