- Liked: Room comfort
- Disliked: Staff & service
- Prince Arthur's Landing
- 3 min drive
- Current River Arena
- 3 min drive
- Centennial Park
- 4 min drive
- Thunder Bay, ON (YQT-Thunder Bay Intl.)
- 13 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-866-500-4938
About this area
Voyageur Motel is located in Thunder Bay. Terry Fox Monument and Fort William Historical Park are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Prince Arthur's Landing and Strathcona Golf Course. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Current River Arena or Port Arthur Stadium.
- Prince Arthur's Landing - 3 min drive
- Strathcona Golf Course - 3 min drive
- Magnus Theater - 3 min drive
- Current River Arena - 3 min drive
- Centennial Park - 4 min drive
- Thunder Bay, ON (YQT-Thunder Bay Intl.) - 19 min drive
About this property
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 10 per pet, per night.
- 3 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Pet fee: CAD 10 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Voyageur Motel Thunder Bay
- Voyageur Motel
- Voyageur Thunder Bay
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi and wired Internet
Parking and public transport
- Free self parking
- Free RV/bus/truck parking
- Rollaway beds available
- No lifts
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Multilingual staff
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Designated smoking areas
- Rollaway beds available
- Shower/bathtub combination
- TV channels
- flat-screen TV
Food and drink
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
Nearby things to do
- Disliked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
If you are late, you will be harassed.
We were late due to a plane delay. The owner decided to blow up my phone to find out when I would be checking in. With my plane on airplane mode, the calls were not getting through. Imagine my surprise when I switched my phone from airplane mode back to live, only to find a bunch of hang-up messages on my voicemail. But... before I could even check them, my phone rang and the owner was on the line. "Hello! You have a booking for the motel, but I don't see you! Will you be here or what?" Umm... I have travelled many times over the past eight years, staying in a large variety of hotels. This is the first time that I have experienced this sort of inquisition. I assured him that I would be there when I could get there, and he hung up in my ear. Pleasant man. Upon arrival to the motel, the owner let his disdain for me being late with his actions and demeaning nature. I explained that the planes were delayed due to technical difficulties, but somehow that did not help his attitude. Oh well. It was nearly 12:00am and I had my young son with me. We just wanted to sleep. We got into the room, and were astounded because cigarette smoke was all but billowing around, and both my son and I started to cough due to this. I went back to the office to change rooms. The owner flipped when I asked him if I could have a room that did not smell of cigarette smoke. He refunded my money, and my son and I slept in the car in a massive thunder storm. Do not stay here.