Please enter your travel dates.
Studio, 1 King Bed
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Twin Room
Auckland hotel near Sky Tower and Aotea Square
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Queen Street shops
This centrally located Auckland hotel is within a 5-minute walk of the Sky Tower, Aotea Square, Auckland City Hall, and Atrium on Elliott. The Queen Street shopping district is 0.7 km (0.4 mi) away.
The hotel is home to a popular Malaysian restaurant. The staff of Auckland City Hotel can assist with arranging city tours, bay cruises, and Waitomo Glowworm Caves adventures.
Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street offers a choice of standard rooms, studios, and suites. All include LCD TVs and high-speed Internet access. Studios and suites come with fully equipped kitchens.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street is conveniently located for shopping, sightseeing, and business. The hotel's entrance and lobby date from 1912, while the rest of the property is contemporary.
The on-site Bing's Café & Restaurant is a popular choice for Malaysian cuisine. Bing's is open Monday - Saturday for lunch and dinner.
Complimentary wireless Internet access (up to 30 minutes per day) is available in the lobby and café. Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1912
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Airport transportation
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Tour assistance
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 138
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Room service (limited hours)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- LCD TV
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Handheld showerhead
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Shower only
- Turndown service (on request)
- Window opens
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 25 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: NZD 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in all public areas: NZD 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: NZD 25 per night
- Valet parking fee: NZD 25 per night
- Early check-in fee: NZD 50
- Late check-out fee: NZD 50
- Deposit: NZD 100 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 35 per night
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.