Storm Lake Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 12 hotels and other lodging choices in Storm Lake, though you'll find just 2 low-cost motels. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a place to stay for the weary traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motels often include free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' recommended Storm Lake motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Ida Grove
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Budget Inn Motel Storm Lake
- Free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
What to Do in Storm Lake
Those who've visited Storm Lake have good things to say about its waterparks and lakeside. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Chautauqua Park
- Gillette Park
- Ida Grove City Park
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- Cherokee Depot
- Courthouse Square
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Black Hawk State Park
- Pocahontas Golf Club
- Sanford Museum & Planetarium
Storm Lake is also popular for its:
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Storm Lake
Figure out the ideal time to visit Storm Lake by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 52° F and nighttime temperatures average 8° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 31° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 45° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 34.61 inches in a year
How to Get to Storm Lake and Around the Area
Storm Lake Transportation
|Fort Dodge, IA (FOD-Fort Dodge Regional) ||Airport ||52.2 mi (84 km) |