Search Motels in Grand Marais
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Grand Marais Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 73 hotels and other lodging choices in Grand Marais, though you'll find just 3 low-cost motels. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
When you save on your room price, you can make the most of what Grand Marais has to offer. Top sights to visit include Lutsen Mountains.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' best-rated Grand Marais motels to select from:
- If driving, you'll be within 28 minutes of Lutsen Mountains.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like air conditioning.
- It's located within a quick 1-minute drive of Lutsen Mountains.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 30 minutes of Lutsen Mountains.
What to Do in Grand MaraisIn this relaxing area, enjoy its scenic lakeside and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. Visitors to Grand Marais have good things to say about its ski slopes, mountain landscape, and waterfalls.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Pincushion Mountain
- Cascade River State Park
- Judge Magney State Park
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Lutsen Mountains
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Superior National Forest
Grand Marais is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Grand MaraisDecide when you'd like to visit Grand Marais by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 39° F and nighttime temperatures average 6° F
- April-June: 65° F is the daytime average and 25° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 69° F and nighttime averages are around 42° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 56° F during the day and 6° F at night
- Average rainfall is 26.46 inches in a year