Dowagiac Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Benton Harbor area, you can select from 7 low-priced motels among the more than 564 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels in the larger area:
Super 8 by Wyndham South Bend
- Located 21.7 mi (35 km) from the heart of Dowagiac
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 South Bend - Mishawaka IN
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- Central Dowagiac is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) away
Red Roof Inn Elkhart
- Enjoy access to the snack bar/deli, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the heart of Dowagiac
Super 8 by Wyndham Three Rivers
- Central Dowagiac is 24.5 mi (39.5 km) away
- Free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi are available during your stay.
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor - St Joseph
- 16.2 mi (26 km) from the heart of Dowagiac
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Dowagiac
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Magician Lake
- Stone Lake
- Diamond Lake
These are other places worth a visit:
- Dowagiac Four Winds Casino
- Southwestern Michigan College
Dowagiac is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Dowagiac
Determine the optimal time to visit Dowagiac by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 17° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 33° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 19° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.99 inches in a year
How to Get to Dowagiac and Around the Area
|South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.) ||Airport ||23.1 mi (37.2 km) |
|Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.) ||Airport ||33.2 mi (53.5 km) |
|Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal) ||Airport ||37.3 mi (60 km) |
|Dowagiac Station ||Train Station ||1.7 mi (2.8 km) |