Get an overview of this hotelChicago penthouse resort with indoor driving range
Popular property highlights
One half-mile from Grant Park, this 21-room resort on the 40th floor of the Stock Exchange Building has city and lake views and is 2 blocks from the Willis Tower and 1 mile from the Art Institute.
Amenities at this hushed high-rise include an elegant French restaurant, plus access to the fitness center with a pool, eucalyptus steam room, and driving range facility.
All guestrooms offer superb city views with complimentary wireless Internet access, 27-inch TVs with cable, complimentary weekday newspapers, and bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Buckingham Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
The Buckingham Hotel, a penthouse resort, is within half a mile of Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain. Also half a mile away, the “L” train offers easy access to ballparks.
Guests can enjoy free WiFi
The fitness center offers complimentary access to an indoor lap pool, eucalyptus steam room, sauna, hot tub, and fitness classes (under 18s not permitted). Guests can also indulge in the onsite massage service, which is available upon advance request.
A concierge desk is provided, and a public, self-parking facility (surcharge) is available on Financial Place, located on the west side of the resort.
The property is smoke-free (fines apply to smoke-free violations).
- Conference center
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Indoor pool
- Steam room
- Spa tub
- Health club
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 21
- Number of floors - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Free toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Nearby Things to Do
On the third floor of The Buckingham Athletic Club, a large health club contains a small driving range facility that allows golfers to practice their drives into a net. Also complimentary to guests is an indoor lap pool and an adjacent spa tub. Complimentary fitness classes include spinning, water aerobics, kickboxing, Pilates and yoga. The facility is closed on national holidays and on Sundays during the summer.
Guests should note that children are only allowed in the health club on weekends.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 25.00 per day
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 20.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 38 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Athletic Club Hotel
- Athletic Hotel
- Buckingham Athletic
- Buckingham Athletic Club
- Buckingham Athletic Club & Hotel
- Buckingham Athletic Club & Hotel Chicago
- Buckingham Athletic Club Chicago
- Buckingham Athletic Club Hotel
- Buckingham Club
- Buckingham Athletic Club Hotel Chicago
- Buckingham Hotel Chicago
- The Buckingham Athletic Club Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.