Airlie Beach Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 6 low-cost motels in Airlie Beach among the more than 246 lodging choices. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Airlie Beach has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Airlie Beach Lagoon in Airlie Beach, as well as Hamilton Island Marina and Catseye Beach in the area.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler taking a road trip along America's major roadways. Motel properties often include free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite Airlie Beach motels to select from:
Colonial Palms Motor Inn
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Airlie Beach Lagoon.
- Enjoy access to the 2 outdoor pools, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
A & A Motel
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 20 minutes of Airlie Beach Lagoon by car.
Cannonvale Reef Gateway Hotel
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an area shuttle.
- Stay within a short 5-minute drive of Airlie Beach Lagoon.
- You'll be located within 21 minutes of Airlie Beach Lagoon by car.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
Airlie Beach Motor Lodge
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Airlie Beach Lagoon.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Airlie Beach
While you're sightseeing in this romantic, family-friendly area, check out the bustling marina. Visitors to Airlie Beach speak highly of its shops, spas, and beaches.
Here are favorite places in and around Airlie Beach:
- Airlie Beach Lagoon
- Hamilton Island Marina
- Catseye Beach
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Boathaven Beach
- Shingley Beach
- Bicentennial Park
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Port of Airlie
- Abell Point Marina
- Cannonvale Beach
Best Time to Visit Airlie Beach
Figure out the ideal time to visit Airlie Beach by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically December and January, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 87° F and nighttime temperatures average 70° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 56° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 81° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 87° F during the day and 65° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.89 inches in a year
How to Get to Airlie Beach and Around the Area
Airlie Beach Transportation
|Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef) ||Airport ||15.9 mi (25.6 km) |
|Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) ||Airport ||18.4 mi (29.6 km) |
|Proserpine Station ||Train Station ||12.7 mi (20.4 km) |