Balata Garden and Saint Pierre Private Excursion
- See the top attractions in the north of Martinique
- Enjoy a stunning botanical garden
- Learn about the island's history and culture
- Visit the old capital destroyed by a volcano
- Enjoy private service and flexibility
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off is available from Fort-de-France and neighbouring towns
- Pick-up and drop-off possible from cruise terminal
- Children below 3 is not recommended.
What you can expect
Hop into your private, air-conditioned minivan and leave to discover the lush northern part of Martinique. You'll start by a stop at the picturesque Balata church inspired by the Sacre Coeur in Paris and enjoy wonderful views on the capital and bay of Fort-de-France. Follows a guided visit to the Balata botanical garden, home to about 3000 species of plants and trees with its famous suspended bridges.You'll enjoy learning about the vegetation and will surely spot some hummingbirds flying all around. You'll then enjoy a ride through the lush rainforest including a few picture stops by a river and also to capture the Carbet mountains, before arriving to the old capital, Saint-Pierre, completely destroyed by the volcano in 1902. Visit the Memorial 1902 museum to learn all about this catastrophy and see some artefacts dug from the ruins like the melted church bell. Your guide will then lead you to the closeby theatre ruins from where you have a direct view to the volcano. You'll then drive back towards Fort-de-France through the Caribbean coast passing small fishing villages. As this is a private excursion, you can also customise the itinerary to your wishes if needed!