I was so excited for my birthday trip to Tulum. I was especially excited to stay at the Cormoran, in the jungle rooftop room, that I paid EXTRA for! How disappointing it was to be given a room that I did not request, that was a downgrade. I was told there’s only one room like that and it’s already booked! I assumed I would be refunded the extra I paid! Nope they tried to give me peso’s for a stay that I paid USD for, and it was only $35. No way is that fair, nor does it make any sense!
I finally was moved to the room in which I booked, on the last day of my trip!!! Beautiful room! Simply gorgeous but I only spent 3 hours in the room, didn’t get to see the rooftop view because it was night, and didn’t even get to sleep in the bed because of my early flight.
Pros: - Rooftop Jungle room is gorgeous (if you actually get the room you book)
- Kind staff
- Cenote (nice long adventurous walk through the jungle)
Cons: - Horrible breakfast. Stale bread for toast, a few slices of fruit, tea or coffee, oats & some kind of watered down yogurt.
- Flamingo room: so many bugs got in the room at night. This rooms roof isn’t completely sealed and they have open spaces
- Location: very end of the hotel zone. It took an extra hour with traffic to reach the hotel. 15min walk to the closest restaurants
- AC from 11p-5am but doesn’t even work! (It gets HOT)
- No one knew about this hotel. Taxi drivers had a hard time finding
I wouldn’t stay here again. Try Coco Tulum instead