Hotels in The City of London, London from CA $127
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
The City of London hotels and places to stay
Reviewed on Mar. 8, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug. 29, 2020
Reviewed on Sep. 28, 2020
Reviewed on Feb. 24, 2020
Visiting The City of London in London
The City of London is a metropolitan neighborhood known for its stunning cathedral and interesting historical sites. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Museum of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Sky Garden. With 122 hotels and other accommodations, The City of London is a good starting point for exploring the greater London area.
Staying in London's The City of London Neighborhood
You’ll get to choose from several accommodations in The City of London, and travelers enjoy these top picks:
- Cheval Three Quays: 5-star apartment with a 24-hour fitness center, free WiFi, and a 24-hour front desk, 6-minute walk from Tower of London. Our guests enjoy the apartment's spacious rooms and proximity to public transportation.
- Devonshire Club & Hotel: 5-star hotel with a restaurant, a health club, and 5 bars, steps from The Gherkin. Expedia travelers like this hotel's central location and proximity to public transportation.
- South Place Hotel: 5-star hotel with a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and a 24-hour fitness center, 11-minute walk from Museum of London. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and proximity to public transportation.
The City of London may not have hotels or other lodging options to fit your needs, but there are other places to consider in London. The Barbican neighborhood is a great place to call home while you're visiting. With 15 hotels and other accommodations, these are some of our travelers' favorites:
- Malmaison London: 4-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and free WiFi, 9-minute walk from Museum of London. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable beds and central location.
- Citadines Barbican London: 3-star apartment with free WiFi, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk, 8-minute walk from Museum of London. Expedia travelers like this apartment's comfortable rooms and central location.
Sightseeing Around The City of London in London
St. Paul's Cathedral, Royal Exchange, and London Stock Exchange are some of the notable landmarks to see while you're in The City of London. Museum of London and Sky Garden are some other places worth a visit when you're in the the neighborhood.
Plan a stop at Smithfield Market or St. Giles Cripplegate in Barbican, a neighborhood nearby.
Getting Around The City of London and the Greater London Area
If you want to see more of the city, Mansion House Underground Station is the closest metro stop. Others nearby include Bank Underground Station and St. Paul's Underground Station. If you'd like to get out and explore some more sights, hop on a train to explore the nearby area. London Cannon Street Station is the closet train station, but London Moorgate Station and London Liverpool Street Station are also close by.