I loved that it was in the jungle and that they had a friendly parrot that hung out there regularly. The beach is a 5 min walk and unsafe for swimming. The restaurant has a lot of fried food and not as many colombian options as one would hope. The shower pressure was inadequate to wash anything but a crewcut. The staff was very very nice but unfortunately the front staff did not let us know Tayrona park tickets must be purchased the day BEFORE online (and internet connection was poor so didn't try purchasing till the day we went) so waited 1.5hrs in line which was easily preventable. I do not recommend the family room - looked beautiful in online photo (two floors) but very ding and above the restaurant (loud)...we got moved to a one bedroom that was quite snug for four people but at least a little quieter (you hear your neighbours below you of course).
- Parque Isla Salamanca
- 3 min drive
- Koralia Beach
- 14 min drive
- Buritaca Beach
- 15 min drive
- Santa Marta (SMR-Simon Bolivar)
- 40 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-866-500-4938
About this area
Located in Santa Marta, Villa Maria Tayrona, a Kali Hotel is in a rural location and near the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Tayrona National Natural Park and Cristal Beach.
- Parque Isla Salamanca - 3 min drive
- Tayrona National Natural Park - 12 min drive
- Koralia Beach - 14 min drive
- Buritaca Beach - 15 min drive
- Cristal Beach - 18 min drive
- Santa Marta (SMR-Simon Bolivar) - 40 min drive
About this property
Villa Maria Tayrona, a Kali Hotel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- 24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
- No pets or service animals allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The national sales tax (19%) is charged at check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of the length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a non-taxable guest.
- Resort fee: 19 per cent of room rate
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: COP 150000 per vehicle (one-way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Villa Maria Tayrona Kali Hotel Mata de Platano
- Villa Maria Tayrona Kali Hotel
- Villa Maria Tayrona Kali Mata de Platano
- Villa Maria Tayrona Kali
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort