Search Motels in Sandusky from CA $50
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Sandusky
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Sandusky
Fairfield Inn & Suites Port Clinton Waterfront
Reviewed on Oct. 26, 2020
Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky OH
Reviewed on Feb. 27, 2020
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Reviewed on Oct. 9, 2020
Sandusky Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 21 inexpensive motels in Sandusky among the more than 319 hotels and other accommodations. These cheaper accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Sandusky has to offer. Top sights include Cedar Point and African Safari Wildlife Park.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was conceived in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often one or two stories tall, motels usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of our customers’ favorite Sandusky motels to select from:
- If driving, you'll be within 14 minutes of Cedar Point.
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 9-minute drive of Cedar Point.
- Enjoy access to the seasonal outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 22 minutes of Cedar Point.
- It's located within a short 6-minute drive of Cedar Point.
- A water park along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- If driving, you'll be within 21 minutes of Cedar Point.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in SanduskyWhile you're sightseeing in this family-friendly area, check out the fun-filled theme parks and enjoy the scenic lakeside. People visiting Sandusky love its waterfront.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Cedar Point
- African Safari Wildlife Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Miami Park
- Pipe Creek Wildlife Area
- Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Rain Water Park Complex
- Monsoon Lagoon Water Park
- Island Adventures Family Fun Center
Sandusky is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit SanduskyDetermine the optimal time to visit Sandusky by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 21° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 82° F and nighttime averages are around 52° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 22° F at night
- Average rainfall is 33.11 inches in a year
How to Get to Sandusky and Around the Area
|Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.)||Airport||45.3 mi (73 km)|
|Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront)||Airport||53.5 mi (86.2 km)|
|Sandusky Station||Train Station||1 mi (1.6 km)|