Best lodging options near San Salvador
Reviewed on Dec. 2, 2020
Reviewed on Nov. 9, 2020
San Salvador Beach Vacation
Chill out on the shore and feel the salty sea air on your skin during your San Salvador vacation. If this is your first time here, why not search for some colorful seashells as a souvenir of your trip to San Salvador? Base yourself near Sunzal Beach, a popular stretch of coast just 19 miles (30 km) from the center. We also offer superb San Salvador vacation deals that are closer to Playa San Blas, another alluring option.
Things You Should Know About San Salvador
- Nothing says vacation like staying moments from the water. If you happen to agree, check out what's on offer among our San Salvador beach hotels.
- Lots of travelers also choose to base themselves in private vacation homes here. Venecia Yatch Club and Quinta Ensueño are a few options to select from.
- Alternatively, go for our All-Inclusive hotels in San Salvador. They make it easy to budget. Leave your cash safely in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with the all-inclusive way of vacationing.
- San Salvador, population 526,000, is a great place to visit for loads of reasons. Discover some handy tips on our San Salvador things to do page.
- Estadio Cuscatlan is one major sight you can't miss here. For plenty of other great ideas to add to your itinerary, check out our San Salvador vacation deals.
Top Pre-Packaged Vacations & All Inclusive Resorts in San Salvador
San Salvador is a curious city. Combining a distinctly metropolitan attitude with rugged natural scenery, this capital of El Salvador offers one of Central America’s most unique experiences. Browse the downtown boulevards. Party at the bevy of bars. Embark upon a hiking trek, or get your nature fix at one of the verdant parks. With San Salvador all inclusive deals, the opportunities are endless.
San Salvador vacations generally fall into two categories: city-centric trips and rustic adventures. History buffs visit the area for its array of parks, monuments and museums, and eco-conscious adventurers look to the volcano tours to catch a few thrills. The city is so centrally located, however, that there’s no reason you can’t book a San Salvador all inclusive trip that lets you discover both sides of the coin.
Start with the urban sights. If you’re in the mood to meander around the city’s monuments, head to the National Palace, Plaza Morazan and Metropolitan Cathedral for an awe-inspiring experience. The Iglesia Rosario is an especially surprising treasure; though its outside is unassuming, the interior is packed with rich architectural details.
Once you’ve seen your share of monuments, venture out to the La Laguna botanical gardens to relax while surrounded by lush greenery. The Parque Cuscatlan is another can’t-miss park, and it’s close enough to downtown that you won’t have to trek far to enjoy its tranquil atmosphere and tree-lined paths.
End the sightseeing portion of your vacation in San Salvador with a stroll through the city’s top museums. The National Museum of Anthropology is a great place to view authentic Mayan artifacts, and the Zona Rosa’s Museo de Arte de El Salvador displays a world of masterpieces. If you still have energy to burn, head to the city’s luxury boutiques for a spot of shopping, or settle in at a local eatery to sample El Salvador’s delectable cuisine.
When you’re ready to leave the city lights for a rugged adventure, whisk your family away to the nearby San Salvador Volcano. This towering peak is a fantastic spot for hiking and bird watching, and San Salvador vacation packages in the area offer unbeatable views of the cliffs and crater lakes. For the best experience, hire a local guide to show you around the region; the mountain features several peaks and lookout points, and you won’t want to miss a thing.