Get an overview of this hotelSpanish-Moroccan style in downtown San Francisco
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia+ members get double value for their points when booking any +VIP Access hotel.See details
The Serrano Hotel is steps away from Union Square, perfectly positioned in the Theater District of San Francisco, 2 blocks from the Powell Street cable car.
The 17-story Spanish-Moroccan style Serrano dating from 1928 offers an evening wine reception, 24-hour business and fitness centers, and stylish Jasper's Corner Tap restaurant and bar.
Serrano's guestrooms, dressed in crimson and gold with Moroccan accents, have triple-sheeted beds, iPod-docking stations, high ceilings, window seats, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
This hotel has a restaurant and bar, and also offers complimentary coffee/tea service in the mornings, as well as a weekday Town Car service to the Financial District. Take a short stroll to Union Square to enjoy world-class shops such as Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue. In Union Square, dine at some of the city’s best casual and upscale restaurants. Just a six-minute walk away, hop aboard one of San Francisco’s famous cable cars or experience the sophistication of the theater scene. When it’s time to return to home base, Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen is the ideal place for a drink and delicious bite to eat. A metro station is located nearby.
The Serrano has a 3,000 square feet meeting facilities and a 24-hour business center with two computer workstations. 24-hour fitness facilities and a steam room are also on site. Concierge services are available, and guests can borrow from a library of 50 board games and puzzles. Guests will also find an ATM banking service onsite and luggage storage.
This property is smoke-free.
- Concierge services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation - pickup (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 236
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- WiFi (surcharge)
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 279
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 3000
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 25 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 25 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen - named for the man who largely built this beautiful city, Jasper's is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. The bar features 18 beers on tap, a wide variety of fun cocktails, personable service, and delicious casual food. Jasper's is a proud recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour accessible fitness center is equipped with two exercise bikes, two treadmills, two cross-trainers, and a steam room. Guests can also borrow from a library of 50 games and puzzles.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). Complimentary bicycles are also available onsite.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 5 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 13 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50 per stay
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- Breakfast fee: USD 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 25 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 25 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 16 per person
- Valet parking fee: USD 54.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Hotel Serrano
- Serrano Hotel
- Serrano Hotel San Francisco
- Serrano San Francisco
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).