Get an overview of this hotelPlayful retro-themed hotel in SoMa district
Set in San Francisco's busy South of Market (SoMa) district, the Best Western Plus Americania is 3 blocks from Moscone Center and 6 blocks from Union Square; Fisherman's Wharf is 2 miles away.
The San Francisco hotel's rooftop courtyard, with a heated pool and palm trees, is a great place to unwind. Guests also enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access and an on-site restaurant and bar.
The Best Western Plus Americania's guestrooms are whimsically appointed with retro-style furnishings, board games, large windows, granite and tile bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Best Western Plus Americania
Renovations & Closures
- Swimming pool
Located south of Market Street (SoMa district) and one block from a BART/MUNI station for easy access to many San Francisco highlights, the Best Western Plus Americania is a popular choice for families and business travelers. The Westfield San Francisco Centre is two blocks from the hotel and is a major destination for shoppers; Moscone Center is three blocks away.
Guests enjoy a variety of health and fitness amenities including an outdoor pool, and a fitness center (renovated August 2008) with stationary bikes and weights. Complimentary wireless Internet access and an on-site restaurant and bar are provided.
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1961
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- One meeting room
- Total number of rooms - 143
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Custom Burger and Lounge – Hip and casual atmosphere with choose-your-own meat, cheese, bun, and burger trimmings. Full bar with specialty cocktails, beers, and premium California wines.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Check-in time ends at 1:00 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 80 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. The normal 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
This hotel’s policy is that pets may not be left unattended in guestrooms. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Deposit: USD 250.00
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per stay
- Americania Best Western
- Best Western Americania
- Best Western Plus Americania
- Best Western Plus Americania Hotel
- Best Western Plus Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Plus Americania San Francisco
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- San Francisco Best Western
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).