Get an overview of this hotelTropical-style resort on San Diego's Shelter Island
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia+ members get double value for their points when booking any +VIP Access hotel.See details
Guests favorite property amenities
By land or by sea
Humphreys Half Moon Inn sits on 14 acres adjacent to a yacht-filled marina overlooking San Diego Bay.
Leisure options include a freeform outdoor pool, a putting green, and poolside table tennis. In summer, music and comedy entertainers perform at the 1,295-seat outdoor theater.
All Humphreys Half Moon Inn guestrooms have wireless Internet access (included in resort fee) and mini-fridges. Suites add separate bedrooms, full kitchens, and furnished patios or balconies.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Humphreys Half Moon Inn
Adjacent to a marina on San Diego's Shelter Island, Humphreys Half Moon Inn is 7 miles (11.3 kilometers) from the Gaslamp Quarter and SeaWorld and 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the San Diego Zoo.
Other recreation options include a putting green, croquet, and poolside table tennis. Marina slips are available for visiting boaters. This property also offers WiFi for a fee.
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay performances (surcharge) are held on the resort grounds in late spring to early fall. Humphreys So Cal Dining & Music features modern, global cuisine and an extensive wine list. Guests enjoy live musical entertainment and happy-hour specials in the popular Humphreys Backstage Live.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 182
- Number of floors - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Marina on site
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Humphreys So Cal Dining & Music - Fine-dining restaurant with ocean views from every table. The eatery serves modern, global cuisine for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. All meals are cooked-to-order and menu items rotate in and out. A children’s menu is available. The restaurant includes a bar, which features an extensive wine list. Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM to 11 AM daily.
Humphreys Backstage Live - Nightly happy-hour specials and live entertainment make this a popular spot for locals and visitors.
Pool bar - Open seasonally from early afternoon until early evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Surrounded by palm trees and lounge chairs, a large freeform pool and spa tub are set in a fenced courtyard. Guests also enjoy a putting green, croquet, and poolside table tennis.
Sportfishing and other water sports are available on the bay two blocks from the resort or at beaches four miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 4 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Resort fee: USD 9.95 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 16 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per stay
- Half Moon Inn
- Humphreys Half Moon
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Inn
- Half Moon San Diego
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suites
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.