Find Family Hotels in Salt Spring Island from CA $89
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Salt Spring Island Family Hotels
Reviewed on Nov. 21, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where Should We Stay in Salt Spring Island?
The destination of Salt Spring Island is a great choice if you've been thinking about a vacation with your kids. The boating, island setting, and kayaking spots are just some of the things that make this an interesting destination for family trips. Arrange a flight into Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), which is the closest airport, or Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base), which is located 8.9 mi (14.2 km) from the city center. When you're thinking about where you should stay in Salt Spring Island, you might want to consider one of the 11 kid-friendly hotels and other accommodations here.
Families on vacation have good things to say about these accommodations:
The Cottages on Salt Spring Island - Offers in-room kitchens, free parking, and free WiFi. Guests like the comfy beds and clean rooms at this 3.5-star cottage.
Seabreeze Inne - Features free parking, free breakfast, and laundry facilities. The central location and helpful staff make this 2-star motel popular with guests.
Hastings House Country House Hotel - Offers 2 restaurants, free parking, and free breakfast. Guests like the overall comfort and breakfast options at this 4-star hotel.
Mariner's Loft - Features in-room kitchens, in-room washers/dryers, and a barbecue grill. This vacation home is popular with guests for its comfy beds.
When Should We Visit Salt Spring Island?
You're likely hoping for good weather for your family vacation. You can use this information to plan when to grab the kids and head to Salt Spring Island.
- Hottest months: August, July, September, and June, with an average temperature of 70°F
- Coldest months: January, December, February, and March, with an average temperature of 34°F
- Driest months: June, July, August, and October, with an average rainfall of 0.04 inches
- Rainiest months: December, January, February, and November, with an average rainfall of 0.19 inches
What Should We See and Do in Salt Spring Island?
While you and your family are vacationing in Salt Spring Island, you might want to visit some family-friendly attractions such as Artspring Arts Center and Salt Spring Saturday Market. Make sure you have lots of time for activities like Ganges Marina and Long Harbour Ferry Terminal.Salt Spring Island is also well-known for its:
Frequently asked questions
What's Salt Spring Island like for family-friendly vacations?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Salt Spring Island?
How many hotels that welcome families can I expect to find in Salt Spring Island?
What's the weather like in Salt Spring Island?
What's there to see and do with your family in Salt Spring Island?
Recent Reviews in Salt Spring Island
More trip options
- Find More Hotels near Salt Spring Island
- More Hotel Options in Salt Spring Island
- More Accommodation Types in Salt Spring Island
- Hotels near Popular Salt Spring Island Attractions
- Other Hotels near Salt Spring Island, British Columbia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Salt Spring Island Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends