Find Luxury Hotels in Rio de Janeiro from CA $79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Rio de Janeiro Luxury Hotels
Looking for a great accommodation for your luxury getaway to Rio de Janeiro? Use Expedia to arrange your flight to Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont) airport or Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.) airport, and then choose from a variety of places to stay that will deliver the luxury you seek. Amenities are an important consideration when you plan a trip, so we make it easy to get what you'd like to make your stay special. If you want a posh hotel with fine dining, a spa, or several swimming pools, Expedia can assist you in finding the best luxury hotel experience that Rio de Janeiro has to offer. Known for its museums and live music, Rio de Janeiro also has some interesting things to see and do including Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer, so you may want to take in the local sights during your visit.
When to Visit Rio de Janeiro
This is what you can expect the weather to be like while you stay in Rio de Janeiro:
- Hottest months: February, January, March, and December, with an average temperature of 87°F
- Coldest months: July, June, August, and September, with an average temperature of 65°F
- Driest months: August, June, July, and September, with an average rainfall of 2.81 inches
- Rainiest months: January, December, February, and March, with an average rainfall of 6.79 inches
Exploring Rio de Janeiro
Enjoy all that Rio de Janeiro has to offer and visit Sugar Loaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer, and National Library. If you have extra time while you're in the area, you might want to stop by Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro and Arcos da Lapa.Several other things that make Rio de Janeiro special are the:
- Live music
Getting Around Rio de Janeiro
Take advantage of local transportation options that make it easy to see Rio de Janeiro. Walk to nearby metro stations like Carioca Station, Uruguaiana Station, and Cinelandia Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Rio de Janeiro Central Station, Rio de Janeiro Flag Square Station, or Rio de Janeiro Sao Cristovao Station.
Frequently asked questions
Are you searching for a great accommodation for your luxury getaway to Rio de Janeiro?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Rio de Janeiro?
When can I expect good weather in Rio de Janeiro?
What's there to see and do in Rio de Janeiro?
How can I get around Rio de Janeiro?
More trip options
- Top areas for Luxury Hotels
- Find More Hotels near Rio de Janeiro
- More Hotel Options in Rio de Janeiro
- More Accommodation Types in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels near Popular Rio de Janeiro Attractions
- Other Hotels near Rio de Janeiro, Southeast Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Rio de Janeiro Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends