Get an overview of this hotelHistoric resort hotel overlooking Old Quebec
Popular property highlights
Bounded by shops and restaurants, this heritage urban resort is situated on a bluff with views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City's Old Town, near the Gare Fluviale de Québec, and one block from a historical 19th-century fortress.
Wireless Internet in public spaces complements gilded architectural embellishments at the 18-story Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, constructed in 1893.
Unique configurations prevail in the Fairmont's 611 guestrooms, which offer antique-style furnishings, bathrobes, and premium amenities and services such as in-room massage.
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Québec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Château Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 3 restaurants, a bar, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Moment Spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps, and body scrubs; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards. The hotel also allows pets (surcharge).
- Express check-in
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Conference space size (meters) - 3716
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Total number of rooms - 611
- Number of floors - 18
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 23
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1893
- Coffee shop or café
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Health club
- Smoke-free property
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Ski storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 40000
- Spa tub
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 13.95 per night ), Wireless internet access ( CAD 13.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 15 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Towels included
- Linens included
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Electric kettle
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Champlain Restaurant - Located in the heart of Old Québec, enjoy a new take on Québec cuisine by Chef Stéphane Modat in this establishment open Tuesday to Saturday for breakfast each morning; à la carte not available. Dinner served daily. A kid's menu is available.
Bistro Le Sam - Bistro cuisine served in a friendly atmosphere. Lunch menu, cheese boards to share, casual happy hours, and creative cocktails.
Place Dufferin - Serving buffets and sumptuous à la carte breakfast menus with a view of the Saint Lawrence River.
1608 Wine & Cheese Bar - Guests can savor a variety of Quebec cheeses and wines from around the world while enjoying views of the Saint Lawrence River.
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
Guests can relax and unwind at Moment Spa Le Château Frontenac. A variety of treatments are available, including hot stone massage, body wraps, and aromatherapy treatments. A spa tub, steam room, and sauna are also on site.
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 3:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 35.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 32.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 38 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 38.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 35.00 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 35.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 35.00 per night
- Chateau Fairmont
- Chateau Frontenac
- Chateau Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac Quebec
- Fairmont Frontenac
- Frontenac Chateau
- Frontenac Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.