Get an overview of this hotelEco-friendly Ottawa hotel in Downtown Ottawa, walk to Parliament Hill
VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia Rewards members get double value for their points when booking any VIP Access hotel.See details
Located in Downtown Ottawa, this eco-friendly hotel is within a 10-minute walk of National War Memorial, Rideau Centre, and Parliament Hill. Rideau Canal is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) away.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has an indoor pool and a 24-hour health club. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, and a spa tub are onsite.
All 355 rooms provide conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find room service, free local calls, and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Lord Elgin Hotel
In addition to an indoor pool, Lord Elgin Hotel provides a 24-hour health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
This 4-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center. This eco-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Lord Elgin Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1941
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Banquet hall
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 355
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 11
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
Starbucks - This café serves breakfast, lunch, and light fare.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 6:30 AM to 11 AM for a surcharge. You can order a meal from room service during limited hours.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at noon
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 19 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Only service animals are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Deposit: CAD 75 per night
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 10 and CAD 40 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: CAD 85 (subject to availability)
- Elgin Hotel
- Elgin Lord
- Hotel Lord Elgin
- Lord Elgin
- Lord Elgin Hotel
- Lord Elgin Hotel Ottawa
- Lord Elgin Ottawa
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.