Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelOrlando resort close to Universal Studios
Popular property highlights
On-site at Universal Orlando Resort™
This Italian-themed resort is just a short walk, Universal Orlando™ and Universal CityWalk™. Guest enjoy Early Park Admission* to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal's Volcano Bay™ water theme park (now open) 1 hour before the theme parks open with valid theme park admission.
This Italian seaside-themed resort features 3 outdoor pools to accommodate every guest from the most active family to those searching for a peaceful place to lounge. The hotel also offers a tranquil, full-service spa and a fitness center.
The 750 guestrooms of this Orlando hotel offer complimentary wireless Internet for up to 4 devices, 42-inch flat-screen TVs with pay movies, and iPod docking stations. Bathrooms include eco-friendly toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Universal's Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Based on the architecture of Portofino, Italy, this Orlando resort features a large harbor lined with cobblestone streets, Italian sports cars, and European shops and cafés. While the sun sets on this Harbor Piazza, live opera music is performed nightly to draw you further into the Italian experience.
Dive into one of the hotel's 3 themed outdoor pools, including its Beach Pool which features a water slide. Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando™ also offers a large fitness center available for a surcharge. Guests can also take advantage of the many treatments offered at Mandara Spa.
For business needs, this resort offers 42,000 square feet (3,901 square meters) of combined meeting space with audiovisual equipment. Wedding services and exhibit space are also available. Complimentary WiFi is accessible throughout the hotel.
Guests at Universal Orlando™ On-Site hotels receive these exciting benefits during their stay (see Promotions for details, terms, and conditions):
- Free^ Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access to skip the regular lines in Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ all day (valid theme park admission required. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay™).
- Early Park Admission* to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal's Volcano Bay™ water theme park (now open) one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
- Complimentary transportation from hotel to Universal Orlando’s theme parks and Universal CityWalk™
- Resort-wide charging privileges with room key card
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased across the resort to hotel
- Complimentary accessˆ to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk™
- Priority seating at select Universal Orlando restaurants
- Visits with select characters at hotel and special wake-up calls to guestroom
- Golf Universal program² providing access to a nearby course
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Free theme park shuttle
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Children's club
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 3902
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 750
- Number of floors - 6
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Full-service spa
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free area shuttle
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Conference space size (feet) - 42000
- Laundry facilities
- Arcade/game room
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Bice Ristorante - This restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisine in an elegant environment of classic and modern décor. Open for dinner only. Reservations required.
Mama Della’s Ristorante℠ - Specializing in traditional Italian food, this casual restaurant offers a warm, comfortable atmosphere with musicians performing around the tables. Open for dinner only.
Trattoria del Porto™ - Enjoy breakfast and dinner at this family-friendly Italian restaurant. Al fresco dining is available overlooking the Portofino Bay.
The Thirsty Fish™ - This wine bar looking out on the Harbor Piazza offers snacks accompanied by live music several nights a week. Children are welcome. Open at 6 PM nightly.
Sal's Market Deli™ - Delicatessen serving light Italian fare.
Gelateria-Caffe Espresso - Café serving light Italian fare.
Bar American - Lobby bar offering classic cocktails and light meals.
24-hour room service is available.
Guests at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando™ can can head out to the Harbor Piazza for live opera. Themed shows vary on a nightly basis.
Harbor Nights, a wine tasting event, is held at the Harbor Piazza and features live jazz music accompanied by decadent food, and select wines. This event is for guests 21 and over.
Nearby Things to Do
Universal's Loews Portofino Bay Hotel offers 3 themed outdoor pools: Beach pool, complete with a waterslide, 2 spa tubs, and poolside activities such as ping pong; Villa Pool, a large pool with lounge chairs and cabanas; and Hillside Pool, a small area on the east side of the hotel offering a quiet place for guests to relax.
Cabanas are available by reservation and are equipped with a ceiling fan, phone, plasma TV, and a refrigerator stocked with drinks and light snacks.
A game room offering air hockey and arcade games is open for guests of all ages.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Mandara Spa offers an Elemis Stone Therapy massage, as well as Swedish and deep tissue massages. Skin care treatments, waxing services, facials and body treatments - including seaweed wraps, salt rubs, and cellulite reduction - are available. A steam room and sauna are located in the spa guest lounges. The spa also offers hair care, nail care, and make-up sessions. Massages are available at poolside cabanas and in guestrooms.
YCARE offers select spa services for guests aged 13-17 including massages, facials, and nail care.
Children under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision. Guests under 13 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per night
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Self parking fee: USD 22 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 29 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Hotel Loews Portofino
- Loews Hotel Universal
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Universal Orlando Orlando
- Loews Portofino Bay Universal Orlando
- Loews Portofino Bay Universal Orlando Orlando
- Loews Portofino Hotel
- Portofino Hotel Universal
- Portofino Loews Hotel
- Universal Portofino Hotel
- Universal's Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando
- Universal's Loews Portofino Bay Orlando
- Universal's Loews Portofino Bay
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Exclusive Theme Park Benefits and More
Book a stay in any room or rate category and receive early park admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal's Volcano Bay™ 1 hour before theme parks open (valid admission tickets required); complimentary resort transportation to and from Universal Studios Florida™, Universal Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s CityWalk™; resort-wide charging privileges; complimentary City Walk Party Pass℠; complimentary delivery of merchandise; Universal Orlando™ Character appearances with popular theme park characters; and Universal Orlando™ Golf Program, providing preferred tee times and complimentary transportation to select area golf courses.
Full details at check-in. HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s17). Early park admission begins 1 hour prior to regular scheduled park opening to either Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal's Islands of Adventure™ as determined by Universal Orlando™ and at Universal's Volcano Bay™ . Attractions are subject to substitutions without notice. Valid for registered on-site hotel guests for the length of stay. Not valid for separately ticketed concerts and special events. Some venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid photo ID required. Does not include admission to AMC® Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX®, the Blue Man Group show, or Saturday nights at Bob Marley–A Tribute to Freedom. Additional restrictions may apply. Sapphire Falls Resort TM & © 2017 UCF Hotel Venture III. All Rights Reserved. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved.