Find Family Hotels in New Orleans, LA from CA $85
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top New Orleans Family Hotels
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov. 24, 2020
Reviewed on Aug. 21, 2020
Where Should We Stay in New Orleans?
The historic destination of New Orleans is a good choice if you've been considering a getaway with your kids. The entertainment, museums, and walking trails are just a few things that make this an attractive vacation destination for families. Take to the air and fly into New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), which is located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center. When you're thinking about where you should stay in New Orleans, you might want to consider one of the 353 kid-friendly hotels and other accommodations here.
Families on vacation have good things to say about these accommodations:
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans: Offers an outdoor pool, free breakfast, and laundry facilities. Guests like the central location at this 3-star hotel.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New Orleans DT/Convention Ctr - Offers an outdoor pool, free buffet breakfast, and laundry facilities. Guests like the overall comfort and quiet location at this 3-star hotel.
When Should We Visit New Orleans?
You're likely hoping for good weather for your family vacation. You can use this information to plan when to grab the kids and head to New Orleans.
- Hottest months: July, August, June, and September, with an average temperature of 92°F
- Coldest months: January, December, February, and November, with an average temperature of 47°F
- Driest months: October, November, December, and February, with an average rainfall of 4.44 inches
- Rainiest months: June, July, August, and May, with an average rainfall of 6.89 inches
What Should We See and Do in New Orleans?
While you and your family are visiting New Orleans, you might want to check out some kid-friendly attractions such as Mercedes-Benz Superdome, National World War II Museum, and French Market. Make sure you have plenty of time to take in the area's activities like Jackson Square, City Park, and Audubon Park.New Orleans is also well-known for its:
- Live music
- Historical sites
Getting Around New Orleans
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal or Slidell Station. New Orleans might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Frequently asked questions
What's New Orleans like for family-friendly vacations?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in New Orleans?
How many family-friendly hotels will I find in New Orleans?
What's the weather like in New Orleans?
What's there to see and do with your family in New Orleans?
More trip options
- Top areas for Family Hotels
- Find More Hotels near New Orleans
- More Hotel Options in New Orleans
- More Accommodation Types in New Orleans
- Hotels near Popular New Orleans Attractions
- Other Hotels near New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- New Orleans Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends