Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLegendary ocean-liner accommodations near Long Beach
Popular property highlights
Queen Mary on the bay
The Queen Mary, once an ocean liner and now a hotel permanently docked in Long Beach Harbor, features a calendar of events that includes car shows, music festivals, and Halloween haunts each year.
Amenities of Queen Mary Hotel include 3 restaurants and the promenade deck Observation Bar, where cocktail-sipping guests enjoy panoramic Pacific Ocean and Long Beach views.
Art Deco elegance
Furnished with 1930s-style art and decor, Queen Mary Hotel's 314 guestrooms conjure up images of the ship's sailing days. Portholes open to let the sea air in and armoires latch shut.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Queen Mary
Moored on Long Beach Harbor, 25 miles from Downtown Los Angeles, this Long Beach hotel has 3 harbor-view restaurants. In addition to a wedding chapel and a 3-level, 45,000-square-foot exhibition hall, Queen Mary Hotel has 14 salons that total 80,000 square feet of reception space, and can accommodate groups of up to 2,000.
On Sundays, the Grand Salon hosts an extravagant champagne brunch. Cabaret, comedy, and live-music shows are presented in the ship's salons throughout the week. Original 1930s artwork and photography line salon and restaurant walls.
The Main Deck fitness room is equipped with cardio and weight machines, and a bathroom with shower. Historic guided tours are available (surcharge) and a self-guided walk through the engine room, isolation ward, wheelhouse, and captain's quarters is complimentary for hotel guests. Maps are available at the front desk or passenger information desk.
The promenade deck's Main Hall is filled with shops that sell memorabilia, artwork, snacks, and souvenirs. The ship has mailboxes and 2 ATMs. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, restaurant, and lounge (surcharge). The property offers on-site conference and event space, which include high-speed wired Internet access points (surcharges apply).
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 20
- Year Built 1936
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 3
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Total number of rooms - 346
- Number of floors - 3
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Refrigerator (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Individually decorated
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
A champagne buffet brunch is served Sundays in the Grand Salon, which was once the ship's first-class dining room. Food stations serve salads, omelets, seafood, beef, and desserts; dress is business-casual.
Sir Winston's - Continental and California cuisine are served in semi-formal dining room with panoramic coastal views. Dinner daily. Menu highlights include rack of lamb, roast duck, prime rib carved tableside, and Maine lobster. Extensive wine list.
Chelsea Chowder House & Bar - Seafood restaurant with a classic New England chowder house atmosphere. Restaurant serves only sustainable seafood from around the world. Menu features a variety of appetizers including oysters on the half shell or fried calamari. Main course choices include seafood kettles and a brewed food menu featuring Guinness braised beef short ribs, bass ale-battered black cod fillet, and more. Every table has ocean and city views.
Observation Bar - Cocktails, cheese and crackers, coastal views and occasional live entertainment are offered in the former first-class lounge. Open daily until late evening.
The Promenade Café - This casual restaurant serves salads, sandwiches, pastas, and Angus beef. Harbor views. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Room service is available from early morning until late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The modest fitness room on the main deck is equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, weight machines, and a large bathroom with a shower and towels. The spa offers massages, facials, reflexology, and chiropractic body work by appointment (surcharge; closed Mondays). (The ship's two swimming pools are no longer in use.)
A few yards from the ship's entrance, the Queen Mary Events Park offers paved paths around a large grassy area. To enjoy these paths and nearby areas, bicycle rentals are available on-site. The hotel offers a 3-speed cruiser bike, a tandem bike, a single Surrey (3 adults and 2 small children) or a double Surrey (6 adults and 2 small children).
Activities offered within a mile of the hotel include boating, fishing, whale watching, jogging, tennis, and swimming. Nearby public golf courses are Recreation Park Golf Club (6 miles), Bixby Village Golf Course (7 miles), Skylinks Golf (10 miles), and El Dorado Golf and Nature Center (13 miles). The Pike at Rainbow Harbor, easily accessible by water taxi, offers bowling, video games, a turn-of-the-century carousel, and movie theaters.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay), plus a deposit of USD 75.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 75.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 16.95 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 22.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 27.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay)
- Early check-in fee: USD 35
- Late check-out fee: USD 40
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.0 per night
- Mary Queen
- Queen Mary
- Queen Mary Hotel
- Queen Mary Hotel Long Beach
- Queen Mary Long Beach
- Queen Mary Los Angeles
- Queen Mary California
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.