Find Family Hotels in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo from CA $25
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check prices on Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Family Hotels
Top Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Family Hotels
Reviewed on Mar. 1, 2020
Reviewed on Aug. 24, 2020
Where Should We Stay in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
The relaxing destination of Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo is a great choice if you've been thinking about a vacation with the kids. The biking trails, snorkeling spots, and beaches are just some of the things that make this a good destination for family vacations. Take to the air and fly into Ixtapa, Guerrero (ZIH-Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl.), which is the closest airport, or Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan (LZC), which is located 50.3 mi (81 km) from the city center. When you're thinking about where you should stay in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, you might want to consider one of the 57 kid-friendly hotels and other accommodations here.
Families on vacation have good things to say about these accommodations:
Las Brisas Ixtapa: Offers 3 outdoor pools, a private beach, and 4 restaurants. Guests like the central location at this 4-star resort.
Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa All Inclusive - Offers 3 outdoor pools, a kids' club, and 3 restaurants. This resort is rated 3.5 stars.
Hotel Villa Mexicana - Features 3 outdoor pools, a private beach, and a restaurant. The clean rooms and central location make this 3-star hotel popular with guests.
Hotel Aura del Mar - Offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and free parking. Guests like the helpful staff at this 3.5-star hotel.
When Should We Visit Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
You're likely hoping for good weather for your family trip. You can use these tips to plan when to pack up the kids and head to Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo.
- Hottest months: June, August, July, and September, with an average temperature of 91°F
- Coldest months: January, February, March, and December, with an average temperature of 72°F
- Driest months: January, February, March, and December, with an average rainfall of 0 inches
- Rainiest months: June, September, August, and July, with an average rainfall of 12.22 inches
What Should We See and Do in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
Municipal Market, Archaeological Museum of the Great Coast, and Magic World Aquapark are interesting attractions you and your family will enjoy exploring while you are staying in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo. Make sure you have plenty of time to take in the area's activities like La Ropa Beach and Potosi Refuge.Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo is also well-known for its:
Frequently asked questions
What's Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo like for family-friendly vacations?
What's the best place to stay for families in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
How many family-friendly hotels can I expect to find in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
What's the weather like in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
What's there to see and do with your family in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo?
Travelers Loved These Family Hotels
More trip options
- Top areas for Family Hotels
- Find More Hotels near Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- More Hotel Options in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- More Accommodation Types in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- Hotels near Popular Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Attractions
- Other Hotels near Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, Guerrero
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Hotels by Star Rating
- Expedia's Latest Trends