This property is an adequate, low-cost alternative not far from downtown Halifax. Accommodations are basic.
- Halifax Citadel
- 11 min walk
- Museum of Natural History
- 13 min walk
- Casino Nova Scotia
- 19 min walk
- Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.)
- 24 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-866-500-4938
About this area
- Halifax Citadel - 11 min walk
- Museum of Natural History - 13 min walk
- Public Gardens Park - 17 min walk
- Scotiabank Centre - 17 min walk
- Casino Nova Scotia - 19 min walk
- Halifax Station - 3 min drive
- Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.) - 24 min drive
About this property
This smoke-free hotel features a bar/lounge, a rooftop terrace and self parking. Free continental breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Additionally, a meeting room, a 24-hour front desk and tour/ticket assistance are on-site. All 40 rooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access, fridges and TVs.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 10 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for CAD 10 per night.
- Pets not allowed
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Self-parking fee: CAD 0 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking and public transport
- Free nearby parking
- Self parking: CAD 0 per day
- Limited parking spaces
Food and drink
- Free continental breakfast available daily 7:00 AM–9:30 AM
- 1 bar
- No lifts
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Tour/ticket assistance
- 1 meeting room
- Rooftop terrace
- Smoke-free property
- Hairdryer (on request)
- TV/satellite channels
Food and drink
- Free local calls
You get what you pay for but overall me and my girlfriend weren't totally disappointed with commons inn. The location is good if you wanna be close to downtown and walking distance to places like the citadel, theres only a small parking behind the building enough for like 8 cars other then that you'll have to park on the street curb. The staff was nice, the inn was clean, our bedroom smelled good and looked clean, especially the bathroom. Good shower and comfy bed. The rugged floor could so without out, seems old and overall the place could use a facelift. our room was small but then again it was just standard with queen bed. it had a flatsceen hdtv, frig and microwave. free wifi but wasnt the best connection. no pool or anything else tho which kinda sucked. The best part though was the rooftop access! chairs and tables on the roof, perfect for a smoke. The worse thing about it was....the breakfast, it was a total joke... cereal, yogurt and toast thats literally it. some coffee and OJ...thats the "free breakfast" just bread LoL.