- Liked: Staff & service
- Museum of Natural History
- 6 min walk
- Halifax Citadel
- 12 min walk
- Halifax Public Gardens
- 14 min walk
- Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.)
- 30 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-866-500-4938
About this area
Located in Halifax, Atlantica Hotel Halifax is in the city centre and near the beach. Halifax Shopping Centre and Dartmouth Crossing are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's popular attractions can visit Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk. Clay Cafe Paint Your Own Pottery Studio and Emera Oval are also worth visiting. Our guests appreciate the hotel's central location.
- Museum of Natural History - 6 min walk
- Halifax Citadel - 12 min walk
- Rebecca Cohn Auditorium - 14 min walk
- Halifax Public Gardens - 14 min walk
- Dalhousie University - 17 min walk
- Halifax Station - 7 min drive
- Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.) - 30 min drive
- Where to eat
- Seasons by Atlantica – Restaurant with a bar. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids' menu available.
About this property
Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Awards and affiliations
This property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
Food and drink
Renovations and closures
- Pets stay for free
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 20.0 per night.
- Free cots (infant beds)!
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 100.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: CAD 23.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 28.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: CAD 30.00 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: CAD 30.00 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 20.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
- Disliked: Amenities, property conditions & facilities
The Atlantica is by no means a fancy or unique hotel. I wasn’t expecting anything incredible, but my stay was honestly pretty bad. There was a bunch of renovations happening which seemed to have affected their services pretty heavily. It started off which them not being able to bring a plate or cutlery up to my room, which felt like not that big a deal, I’m fine with getting my own cutlery. When I was down there I asked if I could get a couple butter packets which they responded saying they “didn’t have any butter packets because of renovations”. This was obviously untrue (there was butter packets at breakfast the next morning), but I didn’t feel like it was that important so I just left it at that. The heater in our room didn’t seem to be able to heat the whole room, and only really heat up the corner it was in. The breakfast buffet was straight up repulsive. The eggs were plastic-y and had clearly been sitting out for hours, the waffles were rock hard, the meat was cold. I ended up having cereal and a muffin because the rest looked pretty unappetizing. The only reason I stayed is because I had a meal voucher but otherwise would have never paid $15 a person for that meal. The final straw was definitely the noise we woke up to at 8 am, which was obviously from the renovations. I get that the hotel needs to house guests and continue with renovations at the same time, but it was SO LOUD for 8 am, and the hotel staff seemed a little too nonchalant about how bad it would be