Get an overview of this hotelHistoric city hotel on Glasgow's busy Style Mile
Popular property highlights
Guests say they love
- Good location
- Good for nightlife
- Onsite restaurant
- Overall room comfort
Magnificent rail terminus
The hotel is joined to the architectural marvel that is Glasgow Central Station, surrounded by top boutiques. The 12th-century cathedral is 7 minutes away by car, and it's a short walk to the Gallery of Modern Art, as well as to great restaurants like Rogano Oyster Bar, a local institution.
A glamorous afternoon tea
Grand Central Hotel is housed in an iconic building whose Victorian facade is complemented by ornate interiors. Guests can enjoy afternoon tea under the domed ceiling and chandelier at Champagne Central, and try Scottish dishes in elegant Tempus Restaurant. Previous guests at the hotel include JFK.
Great views, free WiFi
Every room has unique pieces of wall art reflecting the city's creative spirit, and each window looks out over some of its finest 19th-century buildings. Guests can check their emails via free WiFi, and relax in front of the flat-screen TV before snuggling under a cozy duvet.
Grand Central Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4-star property offers access to a business center and 21 meeting rooms.
High-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 1771 square feet (165 square meters) include conference space. This Victorian hotel also offers laundry facilities, concierge services, 24-hour room service, and express check-out.
Grand Central Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 21
- Express check-out
- Year Built 1883
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 165
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 1771
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 230
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Fireplace in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Premium bedding
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Tempus - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
24-hour room service is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. Onsite parties or group events are strictly prohibited. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 12.00 and GBP 12.00 per person (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 30.00 (subject to availability)
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Central Grand Hotel
- Grand Central Glasgow
- Grand Central Hotel
- Grand Central Hotel Glasgow
- Hotel Grand Central
- Grand Central Hotel Glasgow, Scotland
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.