Get an overview of this hotelCity center Marriott Autograph Collection hotel
By the Playhouse
Next to the Playhouse, the city's largest theater, this hotel is at the foot of Calton Hill, 3 blocks from Princes Street and Waverley Station, and 1 mile from Edinburgh Castle.
A tranquil haven for guests, the 2-acre rooftop garden overlooks Calton Hill, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Complimentary wireless Internet access is provided in public areas.
At The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, 77 contemporary guestrooms have terraces on the roof garden, or street-facing balconies; all feature cable televisions, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection
At The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection a large, 2-acre roof garden includes private terraces of all garden-facing guestrooms. Landscaped with lawn, shrubs, and a large terrace and pergola area, it offers close-up views of Calton Hill, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Items from the room service menu can be enjoyed in the roof garden, which is accessible for all residents.
The lounge has a self-service bar, local artwork and photography, and an ultra-contemporary circular gas fire set within a broad coffee table. The Observatory Restaurant serves British cuisine. 2 boardrooms can accommodate up to 15 people each, and the large Calton Suite can accomodate 110. Free WiFi is available throughout the building, including the roof.
Guests have discounted access to Nuffield Gym & Health Club next door to the hotel. Facilities include a gym, swimming pool, beauty-treatment rooms, solarium, sauna, and steam room. Off-site parking at the adjacent Q-Park is available as a discounted rate.
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 77
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Free WiFi
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Portable fan
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
The Snug - Open every evening until the early hours, this sophisticated but informal lounge has sofas, armchairs, and an ultra-contemporary gas fire set within a broad coffee table. This is a self-service bar with snacks and meals from the room-service menu available.
Observatory Restaurant - This restaurant is open from Tuesday to Saturday between 5-9:30 PM, and offering hotel guests a seasonal, locally sourced contemporary Scottish menu. 24 hour room service is also available.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have discounted access to the health club next door to the hotel, which includes a gym, Pilates and spinning studios, beauty-treatment rooms, solarium, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, and an 82-foot, stainless-steel lap pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 3 PM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service animals are allowed
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 12.50 and GBP 18.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 35 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: GBP 16.50 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25 per night
- Glasshouse Autograph Collection
- Glasshouse Autograph Collection Edinburgh
- Glasshouse Autograph Collection Hotel
- Glasshouse Autograph Collection Hotel Edinburgh
- Glasshouse Hotel Edinburgh
- The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection Hotels Edinburgh, Scotland
- Glass House Edinburgh
- Glasshouse Edinburgh
- The Glasshouse Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Glasshouse
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.