Hotels in Downtown Edmonton, Edmonton from CA $79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov. 27, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Apr. 13, 2020
Visiting Downtown Edmonton in Edmonton
Downtown Edmonton is a metropolitan neighborhood known for its popular theater scene and major shopping area. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Rogers Place and Art Gallery of Alberta. Downtown Edmonton has 19 hotels and other accommodations that make it a great home base for venturing out into the greater Edmonton area.
Staying in Edmonton's Downtown Edmonton Neighborhood
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighborhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- Union Bank Inn: 4-star hotel featuring free breakfast, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald: 4-star hotel featuring a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and helpful staff.
- Matrix Hotel: 3.5-star hotel featuring free breakfast, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its comfortable rooms and central location.
Downtown Edmonton might not have accommodations to meet your needs but there are other neighborhoods to consider in Edmonton. Whyte ave is a neighborhood known for its delicious cheese shops, ample dining options, and major shopping area. This neighborhood is home to 3 hotels and other accommodations, including these favorites:
- Metterra Hotel on Whyte: 3.5-star hotel featuring free breakfast, a fitness center, and bar. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- Varscona Hotel on Whyte: 3.5-star hotel featuring free breakfast, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Expedia travelers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Commercial Hotel: 2.5-star hotel featuring a nightclub, bar, and free WiFi. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its central location and helpful staff.
Sightseeing Around Downtown Edmonton in Edmonton
Art Gallery of Alberta, Alberta Aviation Museum, and Strathcona Streetcar Barn and Museum feature a variety of exhibits to explore while you're in Downtown Edmonton. You could also plan a visit to Rogers Place or Edmonton City Centre when you're visiting the neighborhood.
Plan a stop at Magic Lantern Princess Theatre or Varscona Theatre in Whyte ave, a neighborhood nearby.
Getting Around Downtown Edmonton and the Greater Edmonton Area
For a quick way to explore the city, catch a ride on metro transit at Bay-Enterprise Square Station, Central Station, or Corona Station.