If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak, you’ll notice a range of new regulations and rules in place. Take note of these tips and make your escape to Victoria go off without a hitch:
- Understand the restrictions and rules in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so make sure you check government advisories before booking.
- When you go through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be asked to briefly lower it to verify your identity. Those who refuse to wear a face mask may face civil penalties and may also be denied boarding.
- Instead of handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, place it straight on the reader yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- You are now allowed to take one container of hand sanitizer up to 12 oz (350 ml) in your hand luggage. You’ll need to remove it for X-ray scanning.
- To minimize handling during the screening process, place personal items such as your belt, phone and wallet into your carry-on rather than into the bins.
- Separate any food you’re carrying for X-ray screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to handle and inspect your belongings.