The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about big changes to how we travel. If you’re planning an escape to Quebec, these tips will help you navigate this new traveling reality:
- Understand the restrictions and rules in both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so be sure to check in advance.
- When you pass through airport checkpoints, keep your face mask on. You will be required to lower it briefly to verify your identity. Travelers who refuse to wear a mask may be denied entry or boarding.
- Rather than handing a TSA officer your boarding pass, position it straight on the scanner yourself. When that’s done, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA is now allowing passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on bags. This will have to be removed from your bag for scanning.
- To minimize handling during screening, place personal items such as your wallet, phone and belt into your carry-on rather than the bins.
- Separate any food you have for screening. Placing it in a clear plastic bag and into a bin reduces the need for a TSA employee to touch and inspect your belongings.