Book your room at Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street
Get an overview of this hotelAuckland hotel near Sky Tower and Aotea Square
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Queen Street shops
This centrally located Auckland hotel is within a 5-minute walk of the Sky Tower, Aotea Square, Auckland City Hall, and Atrium on Elliott. The Queen Street shopping district is 0.7 km (0.4 mi) away.
The hotel is home to a popular Malaysian restaurant and a deli cafe/espresso bar that offers award-winning coffee, home-style baked goods and a wide selection of quiches, and sandwiches. The staff of Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street can assist with arranging city tours, bay cruises, and Waitomo Glowworm Caves adventures.
Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street offers a choice of standard rooms, studios, and suites. All include LCD TVs and high-speed Internet access. Studios and suites come with fully equipped kitchens.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street157 Hobson Street Auckland
Auckland City Hotel - Hobson Street is conveniently located for shopping, sightseeing, and business. The hotel's entrance and lobby date from 1912, while the rest of the property is contemporary.
The on-site restaurant, The Musteed Seed, is a popular choice for Malaysian cuisine and is open Monday - Saturday for lunch and dinner. The lobby cafe, Fondou, serves award-winning coffee, home-style baked goods and a wide selection of quiches, and sandwiches.
WiFi is available in public areas, and guests can borrow bicycles from the hotel to combine sightseeing with exercise.
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 2008
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 138
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Designated smoking areas
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( NZ$20.00 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( NZ$20.00 per day )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- LCD TV
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Shower only
- Room service (limited hours)
Nearby Things to Do
- Free bicycles on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Deposit: NZD 100 per night
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 10 and NZD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 20 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 20 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: NZD 25 per night
- Early check-in fee: NZD 50
- Late check-out fee: NZD 50
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Auckland City Hobson Street
- Auckland City Hotel Hobson Street
- City Hobson Street
- City Hotel Hobson Street
- Hobson Hotel